Yogurt Mixed Berry Pie

by Kathy Strahs on March 14, 2012 · 14 comments

Post image for Yogurt Mixed Berry Pie

“It dee-WISH-us!!”

That’s the highest level of culinary praise from my two-year-old son. That and plate licking…both his own plate and that of his big sister. This Yogurt Mixed Berry Pie, from a recipe on the Chobani Greek Yogurt package, beat out even chocolate chip cookies among my kids this weekend. It’s got to be the easiest pie in the world to make and relatively healthy too. How perfect!

Think softer-style cheesecake…that’s pretty much what this pie entails. You drain the Greek yogurt overnight to get a very thick, creamy yogurt cheese. Mix it with a little sugar – not too much, you still want that tartness to shine through – spoon it into a graham cracker crust and top it with berries. That’s it!

It’s Pi(e) Day (3.14) – I hope you’ll have a chance to relax with a slice today!

Yogurt Mixed Berry Pie
I’m participating in this month’s Monthly Mingle – Berries and Cherries, hosted by Chris at Mele Cotte!

See the Recipe Index for all the recipes on Cooking On the Side.

CommentLuv badge

{ 2 trackbacks }

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

Simply Tia March 14, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I really like this Berry pie! Looks dee-wish-us!
Simply Tia´s last blog post ..A Cancer-Fighting Dish

Lindsay @ Chobani March 14, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Hey, Kathy! Thanks so much for givin’ our Mixed Berry Pie a whirl. How simple, easy & fresh- especially since spring is right around the corner. We’ll take 3.14 pieces, please :) Please email me if ya ever need a fresh supply of CHO to whip up another one!
Lindsay @ Chobani´s last blog post ..Champions Tour Bus at the Ostrich Festival

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) March 14, 2012 at 4:35 PM

There is *nothing* better than a compliment from a two-year-old!
Lydia (The Perfect Pantry)´s last blog post ..Recipe for slow cooker vegetarian chipotle baked beans

Kathy Strahs March 14, 2012 at 4:43 PM

They can be elusive so they’re always much appreciated!

Jeanette March 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM

My son is a big fan of Greek Yogurt. What a nice healthier idea for pie!
Jeanette´s last blog post ..Strawberry Banana French Toast Casserole Recipe {Secret Recipe Club}

Carolyn March 15, 2012 at 3:25 AM

It sounds dee wish us! ;)

Alison @ Ingredients, inc. March 15, 2012 at 5:13 AM

looks so good!

Russell at Chasing Delicious March 15, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Yum! I love all things berry. I’ve never tried ‘em on something like this though.

Chris March 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM

This is a wonderful looking pie. And with yogurt! Brilliant. And, perfect for this time of year. Thanks for adding this to the Monthly Mingle Mix!

Tandy April 3, 2012 at 1:37 AM

What a fantastic sounding pie! and a cute statement followed by plate licking must bring smiles to anyone’s face :)

Nina April 9, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Wow this looks beautiful. Such an easy one to make:)

Cooking Jar and Happy Accidents September 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Wow, this looks absolutely amazing and doable for someone who can’t bake like me! I’m gonna make this one day.
Cooking Jar and Happy Accidents´s last blog post ..Creamy Butter Tofu