That’s the highest level of culinary praise from my two-year-old son. That and plate licking…both his own plate and that of his big sister. This Yogurt Mixed Berry Pie, from a recipe on the Chobani Greek Yogurt package, beat out even chocolate chip cookies among my kids this weekend. It’s got to be the easiest pie in the world to make and relatively healthy too. How perfect!
Think softer-style cheesecake…that’s pretty much what this pie entails. You drain the Greek yogurt overnight to get a very thick, creamy yogurt cheese. Mix it with a little sugar – not too much, you still want that tartness to shine through – spoon it into a graham cracker crust and top it with berries. That’s it!
It’s Pi(e) Day (3.14) – I hope you’ll have a chance to relax with a slice today!
Yogurt Mixed Berry Pie
The Graham Cracker Crust recipe comes from the back of the HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs package. The pie recipe is from the side of the Plain 2% Chobani Greek Yogurt package.
Prep time: 15 minutes (plus 10 hours draining and chilling) | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (from about 8 whole graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 32 ounces plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups mixed blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries
For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Mix all ingredients until well blended. Press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
For the pie:
- Line a mesh sieve with 3 paper towels over a bowl. Pour the yogurt into the sieve. Refrigerate and drain 8 hours or overnight. The yogurt should be as dry as possible. Discard liquid in bowl.
- Mix the drained yogurt and sugar until combined. Pour into pie shell and chill for 2 hours or more. Top with berries before serving.